As the applications for GATE 2015 have started, here is a brief on what is new this time.
This article is reposted from “What is new in the GATE 2015?” on Rediff.com. Checkout the full article for more details about what the changes would mean for students and some tips to how to approach the exam.
What is new in the GATE 2015?
- The GATE score is valid for three years
- All the registration process is made online.
- The test will be conducted online for all the streams.
- No scientific calculators will be allowed for the exam instead a virtual scientific calculator will be made live for the students
- The test will have numerical answer questions apart from multiple choice questions.
- The application fee has been increased to Rs.1500 for general and OBC category students while it is Rs.750 for female and SC/ST students. Last year, the application fee was waived off for female applicants.
In GATE’14 the tests did not have linked and common data questions.
We expect the same to continue for GATE’15 as well.
The GATE online application system commenced September 1 and the last date for submission for the online application is October 1, 2014.
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on January 31, February 1 , 7 , 8 and 14, 2015.
Ref: “What is new in the GATE 2015?”
It 8th Feb 2010. Exactly 1 year before, i gave this test called GATE 2009 for MTech in IIT… and it changed my life…when i look back i realise how less i really put in for it, the day of the test, the exam center, those 3hrs…
Then there was this day of 15th March 2009 which flagged off a series of celebrations[Rohan Shah…AIR 26…99.94 percentile…u rock man!] and yeah…some disappointments [Tushar…u should have got more…& Mihir…a little more to clear off the tough competition for admission…Poornashree…bad luck!] Then ofcourse the most imp thing i could remember & cherish is the appreciation letter from the college thanks to Prof. (he doesnt to call himself one till he has enough experience) Rahul Dahatonde…our class teacher, my project guide…Those claps in the class…simply cant forget!!
Now i am here in IIT Kharagpur doing MTech in Visual Information & Embedded Systems Engg (phew!) Sometimes dont feel i am worthy of it, sometimes feel luckier than some others…sometimes “where the hell i am!”…But yes the IITian tag surely creates a lot of respect among the public…
Thanks to all who contributed to my succces…especially Mihir…solving GK, Handa & other stuff after the college was a real fun & ur moral support was very strong…and Tushar…for anything & everything i know technically + all those lighter & most wonderful moments i shared with u & mihir
IIT Kharagpur is back with its grand Techno-Management Festival “Kshitij”. The best brains of India will be fighting out the battle. Its from Jan 28th to 31st, 2010.
Registrations have started! So what are you waiting for???
I am giving GATE 2009 EC. About the EC study material-
1. Vidyalankar’s correspondence course material is just sh**. No proper coverage of topics, most questions given are wrong or incomplete and if they are correct their answers given are wrong. So anyone giving GATE, please don’t waste your money in Vidyalankar.
Its only + point is the large no. of mock tests & 2 Test series (topic wise). But it gave 12/15 mock tests & 1 entire test series for home and that too 2weeks before the exam.
2. There is one book by “GK publications”. Its a good book but here also many questions &/or their answers given are wrong. Its + point is it has given solution for most of the questions. So you can make out if the Q or the Ans is wrong. Its theory is OK. Around 300 problems per topic is good enough.
Overall, one should have it for GATE.
3. Theres also 1 book by “HANDA”. It has many-many questions (600+) per topic. Good theory. But a huge number of mistakes in answers. Also out of the 600+ Qs, many are very simple & basic. So effective number of “good” Qs is same as that of GK. But one should go through it in the initial stage.
4. Brilliant Tutorial- Good coverage, nice questions, correct solutions. Overall a good exam material. But its fees of Rs. 10.5k is quite high.
I had joined Vidyalankar correspondence. Joined a library for HANDA & GK. Got Brilliant tutorial’s notes from my professor. After all this study, I hope i’ll be able to clear GATE 2009.hehe.