As the applications for GATE 2015 have started, here is a brief on what is new this time.
This article is reposted from “What is new in the GATE 2015?” on Rediff.com. Checkout the full article for more details about what the changes would mean for students and some tips to how to approach the exam.
What is new in the GATE 2015?
- The GATE score is valid for three years
- All the registration process is made online.
- The test will be conducted online for all the streams.
- No scientific calculators will be allowed for the exam instead a virtual scientific calculator will be made live for the students
- The test will have numerical answer questions apart from multiple choice questions.
- The application fee has been increased to Rs.1500 for general and OBC category students while it is Rs.750 for female and SC/ST students. Last year, the application fee was waived off for female applicants.
In GATE’14 the tests did not have linked and common data questions.
We expect the same to continue for GATE’15 as well.
The GATE online application system commenced September 1 and the last date for submission for the online application is October 1, 2014.
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on January 31, February 1 , 7 , 8 and 14, 2015.