Dec 2 (Day 2 of Placements at IIT Kharagpur)
5.10am : Alarm rings… i switch it off.
5.45am: Nikhil wakes me up…OH SHIT!! We are having written test of Brocade Comm at 6am
6.05am: Impeccably dressed up in White shirt & Black pant, we reach V1(where test was held)… (without toothbrush or other chores.)
6.06am: All students looking at us… we were the only ones ‘impeccably’ dressed! Others were in casuals/ sweaters. Felt embarassing!
6.30am-7.30am: The test. 3 sections- Apti, OS concept & C-prog. Little difficult. Attempted 35/50 questions. And then came back to room.
12 noon: almost going to sleep.
12.10pm: Results out! Nikhil, myself, Jacob & Prince selected for Tech interviews starting 12.15pm
12.25pm: Wiping all the sleep from eyes, went inside the interview room.
1.15 pm: Inteview over. Made all possible mistakes one can make in an interview. Details below.
8.00 pm: Interview results out. Only Prince selected.
Worst possible interview given. I made a lot of mistakes listed below:
1. Forgot to hand over my CV. Entire interview without CV
2. In between a friend called… forgot to silent my mobile.
3. Had the tie in my pocket, but forgot to wear. (not a big mistake, but still!)
4. Had forgot to revise about my project, so found it difficult to explain.
5. Very low on confidence. He successfully stirred me into a circle of ISR’s modifying global data, mutexes, etc
6. Took really long time to solve some simple questions on C.
7. At the end, he asked ‘would u like to ask any thing?’ Couldn’t think of anything… so replied NO!.
TOTAL BLUNDER! As soon as i finished, i was clear that i won’t clear. Better preparation next time!