Many of us might be wanting to go for the new Microsoft OS “Windows 7” owing to its good market reviews & oral publicity. Its fast & lookwise- sexy. But many of us would like to install it from a pendrive rather than a DVD. So here is the solution:
1. Windows 7 Setup (.iso file)
2. Pendrive – atleast 4GB, as the windows 7 iso file is approx 2.3GB
3. Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool- a Microsoft free software which makes your pendrive bootable, so that u can install directly from it. Click here for details.
Click here to download.
Note: You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool on. The tool requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher. If this is not already installed on your computer, the installation program will install it for you. In this case, you may have to reboot your machine to complete installation.
1. Install the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
2. To make a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file:
Click the Windows Start button, and click Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool in the All Programs list to open the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool.
3. In the Source File box, type the name and path of your Windows 7 ISO file, or click Browse and select the file in the Open dialog box.
4. Select USB to create a copy on a USB flash drive or DVD to create a copy on a DVD disk, then click Next.
5. If you are copying the file to a USB flash drive, select your USB device in the dropdown list and click Begin copying. If you are copying the file up to a DVD, click Begin burning.
After few minutes of wait, your pendrive will be ready for installation.
6. Keep the pendrive connected & restart your computer. While restarting goto the BIOS settings & select the pendrive as highest priority boot device.
7. Press F10 to save & exit and restart.
8. Your Windows 7 setup will start now.
Further steps will be given in the setup. As usual Windows is very easy to setup.